My name is Megan and I teach high school English
Here a few quick facts about me:
- I am a fourth year teacher at small, private school in the Midwest. I know this is early in my teaching journey and I don't claim to know close to everything, but I do have a lot of creative ideas that I am happy to share with others.
- I hold a B.A. from University of Notre Dame and an M.Ed from Creighton University. I have presented my teaching practices at professional conferences, including NCTE.
- I've taught British Literature, American Literature, Speech, Creative Writing, Intro to Theater, and Mythology. British Literature is definitely my favorite class to teach! I've taught sophomores, juniors, and seniors- both honors and regular students.
- I sponsor my school's Student Government. I love growing student's leadership skills and seeing all they can give back to their school.
- I also co-direct my school's play. I was a theater kid (and dance kid and choir kid) in high school, so it feel very "me" to be back in the theater again.
- I've lived abroad in France and Ireland. I absolutely love to travel and I am always planning out my trips to new places.
- In my spare time, I love reading books, bullet journaling, doing yoga, drinking aesthetically pleasing coffees, and working on the novel I'm writing. Oh and hanging out with my corgi named Philip. He's pretty great.